Value, Support, and Involve Carers in your Community
As an organisation or business, you may have service users, colleagues, or customers with caring responsibilities. By signing up for the Dundee Carers Charter we will help you to identify and support carers in your community.
On this page:
Supporting You to Support Carers
Did you know?
Over 250,000 people juggle caring with holding down a job?
(source Carers UK Scotland)
A growing network of local services and businesses in Dundee have signed up to our Carers Charter.
By signing up you can gain access to valuable resources and information to help YOU to help carers.
- Get access to bespoke modules to learn more about unpaid carers
- Get access to resources i.e. information leaflets, media assets
- Free promotion of your service/business
- Networking opportunities
- Carer e-news – fortnightly newsletter send straight to your inbox
- Promote your events for free on Carers of Dundee website (support services only)
As an employer, supporting employees with caring responsibilities to achieve a healthier work/life balance can benefit the business overall by:
- attracting and retaining staff
- reducing stress in the workplace
- increasing resilience and productivity
- reducing sickness/absence leave
- improving service delivery
- increasing staff morale
New! - Dundee Carers Charter Toolkit
As part of signing up for the Dundee Carers Charter, a new toolkit has been created that provides members with information, resources, and advocacy tools to help raise awareness, identify and support carers in the community.
Existing members and new sign-ups will get access to the full toolkit, but for those that have not signed up, we do have a taster toolkit that can be tried out today.
Carers will be identified and feel respected and recognised in their caring role.
Employers and Services will work to support carers to live a fulfilled life.
Carers will have opportunities and support to be involved in decisions that affect them and their caring role.
Interested in signing up? Complete the form below!
List of those who have pledged:
The following is a list of local services, organisations and businesses that have currently pledged their commitment to supporting carers.
- Joe FitzPatrick MSP
- Dundee Health & Social Care Partnership
- Dundee City Council
- NHS Tayside
- Cairn Fowk
- Alternatives Dundee
- Parent to Parent Dundee
- Dundee YPU CAMHS NHS Tayside
- The Erskine Practice, Dundee
- Dundee Volunteer & Voluntary Action
- Dundee Money Action
- Deaf Links
- Brooksbank Centre
- Dundee Carers Centre
- Rotary Club of Claverhouse
- The Yard Dundee
- RockSolid Dundee
- The Corner
- Dundee & Angus College
- Alzheimer Scotland Dundee
- Link up Whitfield
- Discoverin Families Whitefield
- Dundee & Angus ADHD Support Group
- Carolina House Trust
- Santander (Reform Street)
- LGBT Youth Scotland
- Christians Against Poverty – Dundee Debt Centre
- The Card and Gift Gallery – Broughty Ferry
- Relationships Scotland Tayside and Fife
- The V&A Dundee
- The MAXwell Centre
- We Are With You (Dundee)
- Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce
- Goodcall Mobile CIC
- Stobswell Forum SCIO
- DEAP Dundee
- Overgate Shopping Centre
- Dundee United Community Trust
- Peoplehood (Blackwood Homes and Care Project)
- Barnardo’s Works Tayside
- Lead Scotland Dundee
- Wellbeing Works Dundee
- CANDU (Dundee Cancer Support Network) SCIO